Saturday, March 27, 2010

Life.... ever fleeting

One of the most valuable and fleeting things is life. How can you be here one minute and gone the next? Do we take this precious thing for granted? Do we think we are indestructible? Like nothing can or will happen to us? Do we think nothing will happen to our loved ones? Why do we continue to live like we are going to be here for an eternity? What if you don't wake up tomorrow? What if someone decides to end your life tonight? Have we said everything we need to say to our loved ones? Have we taken them for granted? Have we taken life for granted? What would you say to them if you were on the verge of death? What would you want them to know? If you died today would your life be fulfilled? Have you done everything that you have wanted to do? Have you lived your life to the fullest? Have you loved, smiled, sang, danced everyday?? Or have you sat behind your desk everyday counting down the hours and hoping that tomorrow is better?

Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today. James Dean

I have been searching and searching lately for the meaning of my life, and the way that I should go. But, as I am searching, I am wasting my precious life looking for something I may never find, or accomplish. I will not live forever, and with every passing year, I am getting older. I want to do so many things! I have so many dreams and ideas in my head, but yet I am standing still.... WHY??? So does this mean to make a "bucket list?" Does it mean to mark off things one by one? Or do I just need to wake up everyday and do something that is scary and risky? At what point in time are you completely 100% satisfied with your life?

So I know this is all a little heavy for so early on a saturday morning, but it all started last night. A friend of mine went to a local bar last night, and I don't know the specifics, but he was held and robbed at gunpoint. He is my age, and has so much life ahead of him. He is safe, but its just that it is a really scary thing, and I cant imagine how he is feeling. I am so thankful that he is ok, and that he is alive to enjoy the day. It just sucks that sometimes life has a funny way of waking you up. Its like life just happens and sometimes its not the best but at the end of the day everything will be ok.

Its just goes to show, that it is time to wake up and live this life to the fullest! Don't delay and say tomorrow will be better, because what if tomorrow never comes. Then what??

No comments: