Monday, March 29, 2010

Searching for Gold instead of Wheat

So, this morning has been kind of a weird one. Not weird in a bad way but in a good way, like everything kind of connected. Brandon and I were having a conversation last night about what he wants to do with his life and how we want to live. I have a hard time not having things planned out, so when he says I will figure it out, it makes me super nervous. I want him to know exactly what he is going to do, when he will do it and how he will. But see, he doesn't work that way and never will, which is fine, but I just have to learn how to handle it and trust that he knows what will come next.

I went to the coffee haus this morning on my way to work, and had a little bit of quiet time there before I left. I was reading about conformity in the bible, and how as Christians, we should not conform to this world. How if we are friends with the world, we are enemies of God, because God hates the world. So really, Brandon has everything figured out way more than I do, because he doesn't worry about worldly things such as money and jobs, while I do. I know I shouldn't worry about those things, because God will lead us and take care of us no matter what. I also read James 4:14 which says What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Pretty much don't plan for tomorrow, because you don't know what tomorrow holds. Don't plan on the things you will do in the years to come, but rather what the Lord will lead you to do in the years to come. Its crazy to think of things like this, but it makes so much sense because really what if you are gone tomorrow? All of your planning is useless.

So then the second part of my morning is Brandon calling me with a sort of light bulb moment. He called to tell me that he doesn't want to search for wheat in this life but instead search for gold. Like how I will be a teach, its not because of the wheat, like money, summers off and so forth, but its for the gold, the helping of people. He wants to find something that he does for the gold and not the wheat. Its weird how when he put it like that, it eased my mind, and made me more comfortable. I know that he wants to play music for the right reasons, and not for the wheat. He wants to reach people with his music and his talents, just like I do with mine.

So in this life, I am going to try and not to conform to this world, because it doesn't lead anywhere. I am also going to try to follow the right path and not the path of the wicked. I will also try to humble myself before the Lord, because he will lift me up. I want to seek Gold in this life, not wheat, which fades.

No comments: