Wednesday, March 24, 2010

TIME

Why is it that no one has enough time? Is it we don’t have enough time or is it we don’t use our time wisely? I know we wait until work is over and want time to go quickly but why? We are just counting down the hours, minutes and seconds. Are we going to count our lives away? Why do we count down our life? Our life is meant to be great and exciting! We are supposed to savor every moment! You know seize the day! Why don’t we do that? I know everyday I sit at work and wait for the day to be done, only to do what? Waste more time on the Internet, watching TV or just wasting time. Shouldn’t we be doing something that makes life better where we don’t have to count down the hours? Why are we on Earth anyway? What exactly did God put us on the Earth for? I know it’s not to sit around counting down our lives. I also know its not to be miserable working the 9-5 everyday and hating life! We are here to walk in his footsteps, and to spread the Word, and to reach out to our brothers. So why do we focus on worldly things? It says in Romans 12:2 “Do not conform any longer to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.” So why do we sit here and focus on working to make more money to buy more THINGS??? Why do we want money, cars, houses and material things? Where is it going to get us? Is it going to make us happy? Is it going to make our job better? Is it going to make us count down the workday any less? So then the question is, will we be happier if we quite our horrible job and sell all of our possessions? Is this the thing that needs to be done to really enjoy this life and enjoy the Earth and enjoy what God has created for us? So should we be poor and follow Jesus and just be missionaries to our brothers? Will that help? I know the bible says to not follow the flesh, or desires of this world. But where does that lead us? Do people who make a lot of money feel better? Do they conform to this world? Do they help out their brothers? Pink Floyd said it best:Money get away, Get a job with more pay, and you’re O.K.

So all of this has come about because work is really getting to me. Something I use to enjoy and love spending time at is no longer fun. Its no longer rewarding and I dread the day, and count down the hours. So then what do I do? Quit and hope to get another job? Or just wait it out?

1 comment:

Amanda Michele Steed said...

Yeah, dude, I have felt this way forever. More like, "what's my purpose in life?" Like, what's the point to making money and having a job and such. I read something recently that totally spoke to me, and I'm going to bring it when we hang out Friday!!!

I love you, I wish I got to see you more!