Friday, June 18, 2010

Beasts that perish

So as we are beginning to move, we are trying to downsize our lives and keep the basic things that we need. There are a lot of "things" that are in our apartment, that I don't really know why we have or why we have acquired them over the years. I am ready to clean out my life and clear my mind. With all that being said, it has been a back and forth struggle between us over our tv. We are trying to decide if we want to keep it our sell it. Which I know what you are thinking, what on earth would you do without a tv. Haha, and that's exactly what I am thinking. But then when I really start digging down and thinking about it, there are so many things you can do if you aren't wasting your time watching tv.

1. Read
2. Go for a walk
3. Spend time with friends
4. Write
5. Focus on painting or artistic things
6. Cook
7. Exercise
8. Listen to music

So you get the picture, there are a lot of things I can do without a tv and I think once the burden is gone of a tv, I think I would flourish as a person. I also think it would help me spend more time with God and more time focusing on helping people and forming lasting friendships with people. I think it's just the scary part of not having a tv that makes me hesitate.

The biggest thing that we are doing now, is waiting on the next step of our life, and where we will go come this August. I have applied for as many schools as I can, and now I am just waiting on the call. So we are fully relying on God to take us where he wants, and place me in a school. So please be praying for that and praying that I do not get impatient, but rely on him and know that He will provide.

I will leave you with a little verse from Psalm 49:14-16
Like sheep they are destined for the grave, and death will feed on them. The upright rule over them in the morning; their forms decay in the grave, far from their princely mansions. But God will redeem my life from the grave; he will surely take me to himself. Do not be overawed when a man grows rich when the splendor of his house increases, for he will take nothing with him when he dies, his splendor will not descend with him.

No comments: